Friday, January 30, 2015

Round 2, Match C results

Things keep getting tenser, and hotter. Only one match to go in this round, and then we'll have our four semi-finalists!

Here are the Match C stories, in case you missed them.
  • Judge 1: These stories are both excellent and hot. Really hot. It's hard to choose one over the other. I'll go with Story 1, though Story 2 was wonderful. I like the twist at the end of Story 1. It's wry and clever. Great work on the part of both authors. I wish I could vote for everyone!
  • Judge 2: As always, I'm pleased by the quality of writing in both stories. Story one left me wanting more. My vote is for story one. Great job!
  • Judge 3: What great stories this week. Story two felt unique to me with several unexpected components (F/F, beauty salon, photography) and I enjoyed the visuals it provoked. I am voting for story one because it really had everything I am looking for in these short stories. It grabbed me right from the start and did a great job of leading the reader to the excitement happening in that car. The end comment/twist was a perfect ending to a sexy story. Great job to both authors, but my vote goes to story one.
  • Judge 4: I loved story 1 - hot, hot, hot! Gorgeous word imagery with the red sign of the hotel flashing in rhythm with Dave's mouth. Story 2 was fun as well, but in the hotness department, I'm going to go with story 1.
  • Judge 5: Wow. Fantastic. Outstanding. Every round so far has gifted us with great stories, but this round is my favorite. I tip my hat to both authors - simply outstanding. Story 1 is absolutely dripping with heat. I really like the way the author gave us a sizzling opening scene, a middle that provided the back-story and then looped back at the end for the 'climax'. Excellent. Story 2 drew me in and sent my imagination whirling. I know someone who could be Cora and I could visualize her making the same verbal gaffes. This story was engaging and left me wondering if Cora would take the bait and find out what else Zoey could do with her hands. Zoey actually reminded me of a character from the TV show - 'The L Word'. This is a tough decision and I debated on flipping a coin to decide, but I vote for Story 2. I liked the what happens next ending...??
  • Judge 6: Both stories are quite hot, though I find story 1 to be a little less about the implied sex and more about the hot and heavy - which worked its magic. My vote is for story 1.
  • Judge 7: While I loved the tease of Story 2, as far as hotness, Story 1 had it and then a tease.
  • Judge 8: Voting for Story 1. I love how the relationship took a little time to develop. I also liked the unexpected theme that ran through the story. Story 2 was well written and had interesting developments.

Story 1: 7 votes

Story 2: 1 vote

Justine Hollander, author of Story 1, goes through to the the semis! Many, many thanks to Adaline Raine for another wonderful story, and many thanks to the judges!

No comments:

Post a Comment