Friday, January 9, 2015

Round 1, Match H results

Two wonderful MM stories to finish off the first round! Many thanks for them to Nya and Sessha!

  • Judge 1: Thanks to both authors. The second story really captivated me from the start. I go with Story 2. Great job. 
  • Judge 2: These stories only get more difficult to choose from! Both have that wow factor of hot, hot, hot! The word play in story one caused so much tension to build, while story two was descriptive and clear, almost as if it'd picked up where story one left off, in a way. As hard as this is, there's just something about story one that says, "choose me," so number one it is!
  • Judge 3: I'm voting for Story 2. Both stories were very hot and well done. But, I preferred story 2 because of the tenderness in it. I think it's so sweet that one partner was helping out the other one get over his fear of elevators. :-)
  • Judge 4: Story One was well written but it was too scary for me to read and I just couldn't finish it. It was too much for me. Sorry. Story Two on the other hand was hot and had an amazing ending. I love that it was his partner/boyfriend the whole time. Very well written! Both authors can do wonders with just 500 words!
  • Judge 5: I'm almost speechless, which believe it or not, doesn't happen to me often. Wow, these two stories sent a rush straight from overwhelmed brain straight to my groin. Kudos to both authors for these well written shorts. Story 1 is cloaked in mystery and intrigue. There is so much going on I had to re-read the story a third time to pick up little nuances I missed the first time. I was left with a huge craving to read more and find out what the heck happened next. Bravo. Story 2 was pure heat and I loved the surprise ending. The scene in a glass elevator was extremely erotic and I'm sure a LOT of people have entertained the fantasy of elevator sex. What an innovative way to cure a phobia and I applaud the author for creativity. It's a tough decision, but I vote for Story 2 based on pure heat. The sex in an elevator fantasy is a personal fav of mine.
  • Judge 6: I feel what was left vague in Story 1 made it hotter, as the mind went where the mind wanted to go, leaving the reader a bit breathless with their own desires.Sometimes, it's what not said, I guess.
  • Judge 7: Voting for Story 2. I love that it was an established relationship and still hot!
  • Judge 8: I liked the imagery of the first story. I enjoyed the second story more. I could feel the fear of the elevator and the short scene was a cute glimpse into their relationship. Loved the loathing comment. My vote goes to story two.
  • Judge 9: Such amazing stories to wrap up Round one. Story one was incredibly unique in both writing and content - fear, arousal and shame leapt from the page leaving me unsettled and in awe. Story two gets my vote though, for both the impeccable writing and the flow of the story. Again, the descriptions detailed his fear and excitement exquisitely, and what first appears to be non-con is suddenly a love story. Not a big fan of the 'death box' myself - I might have to look into this particular brand of therapy.


Story 1: 2 votes
Story 2: 7 votes

Sessha Batto, author of story 2, goes through into round 2! Congratulations to both writers for such incredible stories, and for making the judges lives so difficult. Many thanks as always to the judges for their thoughtful comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment