Friday, January 2, 2015

Round 1, Match G results

I have to say that when I decided to take the plunge and try organizing this thing, I had no idea just how good the stories were going to be! Yet another week with two fantastic stories, and we've still got one more match to go in the first round!

  • Judge 1: I feel like a judge on American Idol where every contestant is a potential super star. Reading these stories is like opening a box of chocolates, I never know what I'm going to get, just that every story will be good.This round was just good as all the previous ones, both stories are well written and they drew me in. Story 1 brought me to attention right way with the morning after one-night stand intro and I was able to easily visualize the scene. The dialogue was engaging and left me wanting to know about what happened next when the spanking started. Story 2 made me laugh aloud at the image of the Dominant with mashed potatoes dripping down his face. My next reaction was one of incredulity that the submissive in the story would react in such a way. I immediately wanted to know about their relationship and the boundaries they'd agreed to. All of my reactions made the story a fun read. In the end, my vote goes to Story 1. Story 1 left me wanting to know more about the couple.
  • Judge 2: I'm going to go with Story 1 because in this instance, comparing the two stories, the fun of it made it hotter, the subject matter didn't require the depth of character that the subject matter of Story 2 required but just wasn't capable of within a 500 word limit.
  • Judge 3: Both very hot stories, loved them both. Voting for story number two because it was hot and included some humor as well.
  • Judge 4: Both stories this week excelled in character development despite the constraint of 500 words. My vote goes to story number one, though, for making me squirm and leaving me wishing for so much more.
  • Judge 5: I'll vote for story 1. I find wild monkey sex (even in the past tense) to be pretty hot. The story was well-written, with good character development, despite the short length. I enjoyed their by-play and the way he teased her about the dungeon. Story 2 was also well-written. I anticipated the way the scene would go, and sometimes that's comforting.
  • Judge 6: This was torture, plain and simple. Both stories were SOOOO good! Why am I being forced to choose?! Seriously, if it were up to me, this would be called a tie because each story was equally well written. But, since this is a contest, I have to pick Story 1. Story 2 was so fantastic too! I especially loved the cuddle scene after her punishment. To both authors, these stories were very well written! :-)
  • Judge 7: Oh wow.... I honestly don't know which one to pick. Story 1 is just incredibly hot with the mention of a night filled with sex and not much getting to know you along with the new intrigue of a cane and her ass but Story 2 is so witty! I love that the heroine has thrown mashed potatoes and wound up in the corner about to be getting a very sore bottom. My goodness... I don't know which one to pick. I have to vote for Story 2....the tenderness there and his caring for her won me over. Two very very good stories. Well done, authors!
  • Judge 8: Such decisions. Both were hot and exciting. I would be happy with either one winning, but I think I'll go with story #1 with my vote. Great job ladies.
  • Judge 9: Both stories were great! Both contained the *hot* bdsm element, and both had the promise of so much more heat yet to come. This made it truly a hard choice, however, I will vote for number two as just slightly more - made so by some very vivid descriptions. I could literally *see* what was occurring. Nicely done!
  • Judge 10: These both were great but I really found story one to be fun AND hot! Story 1 for me. Thanks!

Story 1: 7 votes
Story 2: 3 votes

Etta Stark, author of Story 1, goes on to Round 2! Thanks so much to Sarah, for a wonderful, wonderful story, and to the indefatigable judges for their votes and comments.

The stories for the final Match of Round 1 will go live at 1AM Eastern US time tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment