Friday, December 26, 2014

Round 1, Match F results!

Just like two weeks ago, it's very clear that although the final vote ends up a little lop-sided, the stories were a lot more evenly matched than the tally suggests!

  • Judge 1: I loved story number 1 so so so much!! I would buy an entire book based on that one excerpt! I need to know what happens next!! So well written and expressed and it drew me in I was so sad when it ended!!
  • Judge 2: Both stories had great pacing and a wonderful sense of suspense. But I'm going to have to go with story 1 as the hotter of the two! The promise of Eldrin's punishment certainly left me all hot and bothered.
  • Judge 3: Whew, this is a tough decision. I followed the advice, read each story - stepped away, came back today to read them again and I'm still torn. Each story is unique, well written and both leave me wanting more, which is a good thing. Story 1 has a paranormal, fairy tale quality to it and Story 2 is very much contemporary. Neither story is particularly erotic, but that's ok - my interest was still piqued. I see potentially more questions to be answered with Story 1, so my vote is for Story 1.
  • Judge 4: I love how varied these stories are! Both stories were very evenly matched. Both had a solid story line, and both made me want to know more. If I was forced to pick one story,I'd give it to story 1 - because I'm a bit of a sucker for magic in stories. But it's really only by a hair - the second story was the more emotional read.
  • Judge 5: Interesting that both stories had an element of dreaming or mystery. I liked how both drew me in, making me wonder what would happen next. It was close, but I'm voting for story one because it left me wanting to see more. Is love to know what her punishment will be. Well done to both authors.
  • Judge 6: Wow! A tough choice - both stories are interesting and unique. My vote goes to Story 1. I liked the descriptiveness of the potion store and the mystery of what was to come.
  • Judge 7: Oh wow. Two incredibly descriptive and powerful stories. Both drew me in very quickly. The first created a dream-like haze, where magic is real, and anything can happen. When the decrepit old man transforms and his hands lay claim to her with the threat or punishment, alarm turned quickly into excitement. The second story, too, created a rich atmosphere. Each step closer to the destination ratcheted up the anticipation and mystery, and in the moment they first see each other, the emotions were beautifully portrayed. The last passage was especially endearing, confirming that love knows no boundaries. A very tough vote to cast, but my vote goes to story number two.
  • Judge 8: Both stories were great once again. However, since I can only pick one, I chose Story 7. I liked the mystery of the story and the promise of a punishment.
  • Judge 9: My vote goes to Story #2. Story #1 got off to a great start, and I can definitely see how if you were into spanking, you'd find it hot. The characters are well written as well. Story #2 had good character development and foreshadowing. You just knew the partner in the house was going to be worth meeting. I liked the ending. It was snappy and different. Both were so good that I had trouble choosing. Good work, authors!
  • Judge 10: Both stories contain a mysterious element, and both elude to a certain romance overtone. Both were a pleasure to read, but if I had to choose which one may just tingle my senses just a little bit more, it'd have to be number one for it's hint of naughty punishments to come in the story.

Story 1: 8 votes.

Story 2: 2 votes.

Adaline Raine goes through into Round 2, where she will face Justine Hollander! A huge thank you to JS Morbius for contributing Story 2, and another one to the fantastic judges who are really making this thing go by taking their job so seriously, and making thoughtful decisions accompanied by even more thoughtful comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment