Monday, November 10, 2014

Guidelines for judges

This message is intended, obviously, for the registered judges, but I think it's important to post it out here in the open, so everyone knows how judging will work.

First, thanks so much for judging! This tournament couldn't exist without your commitment, and I'm very, very grateful.

Second, here are the guidelines I'm hoping you'll follow to fulfill your (hopefully reasonably pleasurable) duties:
  1. I will post in the Facebook event with a link to the stories for each round, which will be posted on a separate blog, at http://hotoffstories.blogspot.com at midnight the morning of the date announced for the round in this post
  2. As soon as possible after the stories go up, please read them both. It shouldn't take long, since they're not allowed to be longer than 500 words. Please do not make up your mind immediately, if you can possibly help it.
  3. At least 24 hours later, if it's at all possible to wait that long, please re-read the stories.
  4. Now decide which one you think is hotter. Keep it simple. Which story aroused you more? 'Nuff said.
  5. Submit a comment that declares your judgment, and gives a positive reason for that judgment. I can't emphasize this enough. I'll be moderating, and as an author of course I'm incredibly sensitive to the difference between positive comments and negative ones, so don't worry that you'll violate this guideline without knowing it: if necessary, I'll email you and ask you to revise, with a suggestion from me as to how you might go about it. Feel free to say as many positive things about both stories as you want, but please don't critique either story.
  6. That's it (but see note below)!
Note below: if you're willing to share constructive criticism with the writers, please let me know via email (I'll remind you a few more times to do this if you're interested, but don't hesitate to mail me right now if you're willing). I will put you in contact with the writers privately, and they will be very grateful indeed to get your thoughts on ways to improve!

2 comments:

  1. ich würde mir gerne auch mein Arsch versohlen grün und orange Wandhalterungen

    ReplyDelete